Triangle MicroWorks is in the process of updating the licensing for our Protocol Testing Tools and SCADA Data Gateway. As part of the new licensing, a Network-Based License will be offered that allows licenses to be shared across a network.
The Network-Based License has several important benefits:
- Licenses can be shared across multiple users and computers.
- Licenses can also be checked out for remote use without the needing to be connected to the network or physically share a Hardware-Based license.
- The need for Hardware-Based licenses is greatly reduced. Our previous USB-Based licenses have presented several issues for our customers including theft, loss, and reliability problems.
- Virtual Machines can be licensed directly. There is no need for a USB-Based license which greatly improves license reliability.
- Setting up a license server is very easy. See below for more detail on setting up a Network-Based license.
How Network-Based Licensing Works