View IED Connection Status
Connections are made to an IED when the user performs an operation that requires data from the IED or a connection can be made manually by the user. Reasons that a connection to an IED will be made include (but may not be limited to):
- Dragging a Data Object from the Data Miner onto the Custom Display
- Dragging a Data Object from the Data Miner onto the Group Display
- Dragging a Data Object from the Data Miner onto the Data Monitor
- Manually connecting to IED from the Advanced Client
Note: when a workspace is opened, 61850 Test Suite Pro only makes connections to IEDs that were previously connected when the workspace was saved. If the workspace is new, then no IEDs will be connected yet.
Once a connection is established with an IED, the connection will be open until data is no longer needed from the IED or until the workspace is closed. The Workspace Tool provides a column that indicates if a connection is currently open to an IED.
The Workspace Tool also shows the following status for each IED in the current workspace:
- The number of reports are enabled
- The number of GOOSE subscriptions
- The number of reports received
- The number of GOOSE events received
- The number of GOOSE timeouts
- Whether the model was acquired through discovery
- If the model was discovered, the date it was discovered