C#/C++ Software Engineer
The Software Engineer position is responsible for software development and support of applications used for testing and/or simulating communications between intelligent electrical substation equipment.
This is a great opportunity for a Software Engineer to work as a member of a team of industry experts who have developed products that are used globally. As a Software Engineer on this team, you will have a chance to contribute toward the way the electrical utility grids are controlled and monitored around the world.
- Implement new features in Windows O/S based applications using current programming frameworks and techniques.
- Learn communication protocol specifications used in the electrical utilities industry.
- Work under the supervision of senior developers.
- Write test fixtures and unit tests to verify software performance.
- Help with support questions from customers related to product issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five years of experience working with C# and C++ software development.
- Strong C# skills using Microsoft Visual Studio are required. Experience using WPF, WinForms, and LINQ technologies is required. Additionally, strong skills in C++ is preferred.
- Some experience with C programming preferred.
- Experience with industrial communications protocols is preferred. Experience with DNP3, IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5, ICCP, or SCADA is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in computer science or engineering is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Location: Raleigh, NC
About employer: Triangle MicroWorks is a fast paced, growing, privately-held company which provides communication protocol software for customers in the electric power industry.